Web Tools for Process Engineers
This material is copyright © J.W. Ponton 2007.
Any use made of the material is entirely at the user's own risk.
No warranty of fitness for any purpose is given or implied.
In fact the primary purpose of this material is educational, and most
methods are deliberately approximate.
Data and Properties
Units and Processes
Under Development or Proposed
If anyone has a particular interest in any of the
following, please let me know
and I may be able to accelerate development. Some are at a much more
advanced stage than others. Trial versions will be linked in as available.
A range of tools for 2 and 3-component systems with simplified nonideal
thermodynamics are in an experimental stage or still being
- 3 component nonideal vapour-liquid equilibrium.
- Nonideal binary distillation, including
homogeneous and heterogeneous azeotropes.
- Ternary distillation, including azeotropic, extractive
and boundary crossing. (But not heterogeneous systems.)
- Simple cascade design for solvent extraction,
systems with singe region of miscibility.
- Extraction with reflux, systems with two regions of miscibility.
Various reaction tools are also under development.
- Example batch/PFR models using the
online DAE solver.
- Reaction free energy, enthalpy and equilibrium constant calculation.